Since 1986, Sober Living by the Sea has provided premier treatment for alcoholism and drug addiction.
Our clients receive an individualized treatment plan from our caring, world-renowned staff of physicians and addictions experts. Our clients will receive the finest clinical care available by participating in a personalized recovery program that takes advantage of our inspiring surroundings and incorporates:
- The 12-Step model
- Group meetings
- Individual therapy
- Family counseling
- A healthy diet
- Spiritual and esteem-building activities
- Recognized as Top 10 in The World
Because of our reputation for clinical excellence, our vast number of treatment options, and our prime seaside location, Forbes.com has named the Sober Living by the Sea treatment center among the Top 10 Luxury Rehab Centers for multiple consecutive years.
Sober Living by the Sea’s serene, non-institutional atmosphere makes the experience of recovering exceptional. As our staff guides our clients through the process of recovery with a wide selection of the most advanced treatment methods, clients will also have access to dozens of enriching activities like sailing, surfing, and bike riding, as well as excursions to exciting places like Disneyland, Catalina Island, Palm Springs, and the Long Beach Aquarium.
In addition to traditional treatment options, Sober Living by the Sea offers specialized programs such as:
- A women-only treatment program
- A men-only treatment program
For patients who wish to live at home while receiving treatment for their addiction, an intensive outpatient program is available.
Whatever treatment option is chosen, our patients can rest assured they are receiving care that is unmatched by any other treatment center.
Why We’re Different
- We have a 30 year history of successful treatment in a vibrant recovery community.
- We offer specialized treatment programs with an unmatched diversity, breadth, and depth of treatment services.
- We have women-only and men-only treatment options.
- We have spent 30 years nurturing relationships with world-renowned clinical professionals, allowing us to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
- We have developed an active and long-standing alumni community that is enthusiastic about providing support and encouragement to fellow alums.
- We have the flexibility to cater to clients with special location and privacy needs.
- We provide the entire continuum of care from detox to outpatient care based out of one central campus.
- We offer a monthly family program that provides support, education, and encouragement to all affected family members.
Overview of All Programs
Sober Living by the Sea’s substance abuse treatment programs have helped thousands of men and women who struggle with addiction reclaim their lives. With many innovative programs designed to meet the needs of those suffering from both substance abuse and co-existing psychiatric disorders, Sober Living by the Sea is about “living,” not just surviving. Everyone has different needs based on their unique history and current substance usage. The length of treatment directly affects the likelihood of good outcome (long term sobriety). Our treatment network has the unique ability to move people through various levels of structure and monitoring as they show a growing independence and commitment to sobriety. The more acute cases who are using a high dosage of drugs or are drinking daily (or constantly) will begin by going to detox and then getting treated in a primary care gender specific program for men or women.
Drug & Alcohol Recovery
Sober Living by the Sea’s substance abuse treatment programs have helped thousands of men and women who struggle with addiction reclaim their lives.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Men
Years of providing alcoholism and addiction treatment have shown us how to achieve successful outcomes through a “perfect blend” of drug rehab and activities. Men in our rehab learn how to truly enjoy sobriety.
Men and Women’s Highly Structured Structured Primary Treatment
Sunrise Recovery offers highly structured 12-step based treatment for men and women who are alcoholics or suffer from chemical dependency including crack cocaine addiction and heroin addiction.
Life Skills and Activities Group for Recovering Clients
Our treatment center has identified the need for our clients to re-integrate themselves back into daily life and habits. We have actually found it therapeutic and helpful to organize activities that get our clients back in the swing of participating in daily activities that will strengthen their sobriety.
Longer-Lasting Drug Treatment Options
The treatment options for addiction to heroin and prescription narcotic painkillers such as Oxycontin and Vicodin have traditionally included daily medications.
Our Clinical Approach
Our network of treatment centers has a wide variety of facilities and specialists allowing us to creae the “perfect blend” of treatment activities for the clients in our care.
The principles of the 12-Step program of Alcoholics Anonymous are a great foundation for recovery. Our clients who participate in the 12-Step community will build the foundation for a support system for life.
Stages of Change
Facilitating a major change in behavior for our clients requires a thorough understanding of the underlying stages of change.
Admitting to a drug rehab is a big decision. Our facilities are widely regard as one of the best centers for alcoholism and chemical dependency in the U.S. When a person in need of help commits to getting treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction with us, it is a decision that will change their life.
Sober Living by the Sea has been successfully treating alcoholism and drug addiction in Newport Beach for 30 years. Experience has taught us that every client has unique and specific needs. Sober Living by the Sea’s network of residential rehab facilities (including detox and outpatient treatment in Orange County and greater Southern California) can accommodate the special needs in a caring and supportive manner. Sober Living by the Sea’s world renowned staff is attentive and uses a variety of the latest and most advanced treatment methods to help our clients enter a successful and long term recovery.
Treatment for Women who are battling Alcoholism or Drug Addiction
- The Rose for Women – an exceptional 30 day women’s drug and alcohol addiction treatment center located just steps from the sand.
Treatment for Men and Women who struggle with Alcoholism or Drug Addiction
- Sunrise Recovery Ranch for Men and Women – an acclaimed 30 day co-ed residential primary care drug treatment center in the Southern California foothills. The programs are specific to each gender, but the programs may interact with the other gender in some groups and activities.
Treatment for Men who struggle with Alcoholism or Drug Addiction
- The Landing for Men – an exceptionally supportive and exclusive alcohol and drug treatment environment. Sober Living by the Sea has created a wide variety of treatment options designed to fit the needs of the individual.
Learn More About Our Individualized Treatment Programs
- Outpatient Program – drug and alcohol treatment while you live at home
- Family Program – how Sober Living by the Sea treats the entire family