Are you chemically dependent on drugs or alcohol?
We know it’s a tough question, but if you have a problem, the first step to recovery is admitting it exists. We developed the following questions to help you determine your answer. Take a few minutes and answer them as honestly as you can. This short test may save your life.
- Are you unhappy with the way your life is going?
- Do you find yourself preoccupied with the thoughts of drinking or using?
- Do you question yourself whether or not you have a problem?
- Has anyone suggested to you that you might have a problem?
- Do you drink or use alone? If so, how often?
- If you drink, can you stop after one glass? Can you stop yourself from using?
- Do you drink or use regardless of the consequences?
- Has your job or have your relationships been negatively affected?
- Has your sex drive been negatively affected?
- Are you in jeopardy of losing your job or family because of use?
- Do you refuse to go places socially where you cannot use or drink?
- Do you need to drink or use to have fun or to enhance your social life?
- Do you ever spend money on drugs or alcohol that should be spent on bills?
- Do you hide your use or lie about the amount you drink or use?
- Is it uncomfortable for you in social situations without use?
- Do you have any legal problems as a result of use?
- Do you live in fear of loved ones finding out you drink or use?
- Do you use or drink to cope with feelings of pain, anger, and/or depression?
- Do you compromise your values or morals for a drink or to use?
- Do you feel that you are different from others and that no one understands you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could have a problem with alcohol or drugs. We can help you determine that with a simple screening.