For many individuals, the journey toward sobriety can be much more difficult to navigate when one’s body has become physically dependent upon a substance or substances. Chemical dependency, which occurs when a person’s body has become tolerant and accustomed to the presence of drugs and/or alcohol, is serious, and requires certain interventions in order for an individual to move on to the next phase of the recovery process.
Sober Living by the Sea, a network of premier substance abuse and addiction treatment providers, recognizes the importance of supplying the care men and women need to be successful in their pursuits of sober lives. It is for this reason that each of the providers under the Sober Living by the Sea name offers detoxification services as the first step towards recovering from an addiction to substances.
Sunrise Recovery Ranch, a substance abuse treatment center for men and women, The Landing, a rehabilitation center for men, and The Rose, an addiction treatment center for women, all facilitate detoxification services, also known as detox, for the clients who require this type of treatment.
An important fact to keep in mind when thinking about detoxification is that sudden withdrawal – especially from the sedative/hypnotic drugs like alcohol and benzodiazepines – can kill.
- Patients who experience delirium tremens (the constellation of symptoms – shaking, chills, hallucinations and seizures – known as the “D.T.s”) and are not immediately treated can have up to a twenty percent mortality rate.
- Sedative/hypnotic withdrawal is a life-threatening emergency that must be treated in a hospital.
- And while withdrawal from opioids (drugs such as OxyContin, Vicodin, Demerol and heroin) is often believed to be less malignant, the likelihood of the patient completing treatment is significantly diminished.
When a person is addicted to a substance, such as alcohol, heroin, or prescription painkillers, and stops consuming that substance, withdrawal symptoms can manifest and hinder an individual should he or she attempt to abstain from his or her substance(s) of abuse. Detox, which is the process of allowing a person’s body to rid itself of the harmful substances that kept that individual in the throes of an addiction, can improve the odds of a man or women successfully beating an addiction once and for all. At Sunrise Recovery Ranch, The Landing, and The Rose, men and women are afforded with this level of care so that they are able to participate in the therapeutic aspects of their treatment.
Safe and Painless Detox
Among the various types of detox services that our centers provide, the following are those that clients can partake in before receiving care in the residential treatment options that Sunrise Recovery Ranch, The Landing, and The Rose offer:
- Alcohol detox
- Cocaine / Crack cocaine detox
- Heroin detox
- Methamphetamine (speed) detox
- Synthetic marijuana detox
- Opioid pain medication detox (e.g. OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet)
- Stimulant medication detox
- Benzodiazepine detox
- Polysubstance abuse detox
During the detox phase of treatment, men and women are given not just the treatment they need at this time, but they are also afforded with the ongoing support of our caring staff members. We strive to help all of our clients reach their goals, and we are equipped to prepare men and women with the care they need to leave their addictive behaviors in the past.
Caring Addiction Treatment for the Entire Family
The hard part is picking up the phone and reaching out to us for more information. Sober Living by the Sea understands what it is like to be in your situation, and we know that you and you rloved ones deserve the best care available. Our pledge to you is that we will provide:
- Access to a network of addictions specialists that can help with intervention and detoxification decisions. Our legacy of successful addiction treatment has allowed us to identify the best and most effective addictions professionals not only in our local Newport Beach, California area, but also around the entire country.
- Friendly and understanding people to talk with and get initial information. Our admissions specialists are patient and respectful when they answer your questions. We know there may be many things you don’t understand about this process. You probably have a lot of questions about addiction or eating disorders and you deserve to have all of your questions answered.
- Professional intake counselors with the experience and skills to patiently complete the initial screening and assessment and report to our clinical team who will decide on the best level of care for you or your loved one.
To learn more about the detoxification services facilitated by Sunrise Recovery Ranch, The Landing, and The Rose, do not hesitate to call. Sober Living by the Sea’s providers of superior addiction treatment are here to help you or your loved one defeat an addiction to substances, and begin living a life that is happy and healthy.