Our Treatment Programs
For over 25 years, Sober Living by the Sea has provided premier treatment for alcoholism, drug addiction, and eating disorders in beautiful Newport Beach, California.
Residential Drug and Alcohol Recovery
While living just steps away from the exquisite Pacific Ocean, our clients receive an individualized treatment plan from our caring, world-renowned staff of physicians and addictions experts. Our clients will receive the finest clinical care available by participating in a personalized recovery program that takes advantage of our inspiring surroundings and incorporates:
- the 12-Step model
- group meetings
- individual therapy
- family counseling
- a healthy diet
- spiritual and esteem-building activities
Recognized as Top 10 in The World
Because of our reputation for clinical excellence, our vast number of treatment options, and our prime seaside location, Forbes.com recently named the Sober Living by the Sea treatment center among the Top 10 Luxury Rehab Centers for the fourth consecutive year.
Sober Living by the Sea's serene, non-institutional atmosphere makes the experience of recovering in sunny Newport Beach exceptional. As our staff guides our clients through the process of recovery with a wide selection of the most advanced treatment methods, clients will also have access to dozens of enriching activities like sailing, surfing, and bike riding, as well as excursions to exciting places like Disneyland, Catalina Island, Palm Springs, and the Long Beach Aquarium.
In addition to traditional treatment options, Sober Living by the Sea offers specialized programs such as
- an eating disorders treatment program
- a women-only treatment program
- a men-only treatment program
- a treatment program for mature adult alcoholics
- an optional Christian-centered recovery approach
For patients who wish to live at home while receiving treatment for their addiction or eating disorder, an intensive outpatient program is available.
Whatever treatment option is chosen, our patients can rest assured they are receiving care that is unmatched by any other treatment center.
Treatment for Eating Disorders
Our specialized eating disorder program, the Victorian of Newport Beach, helps women ages 18 and over manage and overcome anorexia, bulimia, or compulsive overeating/binge eating, as well as co-occurring issues.
Combining proper nutrition, health education, 12-Step meetings, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and individual, group, and family counseling, our approach has proven to help clients time and time again to challenge self-defeating thoughts and learn new ways to cope. Surrounded by women who understand the toll an eating disorder can take, and a staff that consists of the best clinical experts in the field, women set aside the shame, confusion, and low self-esteem that accompany these disorders and begin to heal.
- The Victorian of Newport Beach for Women - A charming six-bed, Victorian-style home in Orange County, California, the Victorian of Newport Beach is the most caring, intimate, and effective program for eating disorder treatment in the state of California
WHY WE'RE DIFFERENT
- We have a 25-year history of successful treatment in a vibrant recovery community located on one of the best beaches in California.
- We offer specialized treatment programs with an unmatched diversity, breadth, and depth of treatment services.
- We offer a college program that helps patients earn transferable academic credits while in recovery.
- We have women-only and men-only treatment options.
- We have spent 25 years nurturing relationships with world-renowned clinical professionals, allowing us to meet our clients' needs and exceed their expectations.
- We have developed an active and long-standing alumni community that is enthusiastic about providing support and encouragement to fellow alums.
- We have the flexibility to cater to clients with special location and privacy needs.
- We provide the entire continuum of care from detox to outpatient care based out of one central campus.
- We offer a monthly family program that provides support, education, and encouragement to all affected family members.
- We offer a superior extended care program to assist our clients in the ongoing process of recovery.
Read more about why Sober Living by the Sea is the world's premier treatment community.
- Landing Page Contents
Sober Living by the Sea's substance abuse treatment programs have helped thousands of men and women who struggle with addiction reclaim their lives. With many innovative programs designed to meet the needs of those suffering from both substance abuse and co-existing psychiatric disorders, Sober Living by the Sea is about "living" not just surviving. more >>>
Sunrise Recovery offers highly structured 12-step based treatment for men and women who are alcoholics or suffer from chemical dependency including crack cocaine addiction and heroin addiction. more >>>
In conjunction with our chemical dependency program, our network of facilities also includes an eating disorder treatment program created just for women who have eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorders. more >>>
Our treatment center with its 25 years of experience has identified the need for our clients to re-integrate themselves back into daily life and habits. We have actually found it therapeutic and helpful to organize activities that get our clients back in the swing of participating in daily activities that will strengthen their sobriety. more >>>