Why Sober Living by the Sea is Different
Sober Living by the Sea has been an industry leader in the field of addiction treatment for twenty three years. We have created the world’s premiere treatment community right here on the beach in Orange County, California.
We want to make sure you are aware of what sets
Sober Living by the Sea apart from the competition. We have included
relevant information for families, for addiction professionals, and
also some suggested questions that you should ask of any treatment
Why Sober Living by the Sea is Different (for Clients and Families):
- We have a twenty three year history of successful treatment in a beautiful community right on the beach
- We are equipped to provide a real-life experiential environment with the support and caring of an entire community
- We have a broad range of treatment options in our many distinct programs and facilities
- We have a college program designed for the needs of recovering students (includes career assessment, transportation, and academic tutoring)
- We have a variety of gender specific options for men and women
- We have twenty three years worth of relationships built with the world’s best clinical professionals that allows us to provide the best match for any client’s needs
- We have an active and long-standing alumni community that has been developing for the last twenty three years
- We have the flexibility to cater to special location and privacy needs
- We provide the entire continuum of care from detox to outpatient care based out of one central campus
- We have a monthly family program that addresses the recovery needs of the affected family members
- We have a staff of legal experts who can attend court appearances and provide legal counsel
Why Sober Living by the Sea is Different (for Addiction Professionals):
- We offer primary care and a three phase model of extended care treatment
- We do a pre-screening and initial assessment of every client upon intake
- We offer psychiatric evaluations and psychological testing
- We have 72 hour mandatory drug and alcohol testing for our chemically dependent clients
- We have monitored meals for our eating disorder clients
- We are staffed and qualified for dual diagnosis clients
- We offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- We offer Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
- We offer Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- We offer Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- We offer Hypnotherapy
- Our gender specific primary care facilities are very highly supervised and a responsible destination for relapse prone individuals
- We have on site 12-Step Meetings and also have the Newport Club within our campus
- We have a state of the art family program facilitated by Dr. Joseph Bradley and Dr. Jerry Brown
- We provide extensive continuing care planning and notify the client’s referent of the plan prior to client discharge
- Our Continuing Care Department monitors clients closely during the first year after discharge
- We have staff at the Central Office available twenty four hours a day
- Our Addiction/Eating Disorder Workshop topics include: Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Assertion Training, Spirituality, Body Image Workshops, Stress Management, Life Skills Workshop, Twelve Step Workshop
The below questions are questions we recommend that you ask other treatment centers when you are talking to them:
- How long have you been treating chemical dependency and eating disorders?
- How many counselors do you have on staff, and how long have they been there?
- Do you have a nationwide referral network of addiction professionals for continuing care planning?
- Do you have a family treatment program?
- Do you screen for dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders? Are you equipped to handle dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders?
- Do you have staff that is trained and certified to administer medication?
- Do you have staff monitoring the premises twenty four hours a day?
- Do you have doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, addictionologists, and interventionists on staff?
- Do you have a special program for mature adults?
- Do you have a college program that provides recovering students a great opportunity to earn accredited units?
- Do you have a Christian based program available?
- Do you test for drugs and alcohol multiple times a week with frequent surprise tests?
- Do you monitor meals for your eating disorder clients?
- Do you have exclusive facilities for executives or others who are concerned about privacy?
- Has your staff authored any books that are popular in the field of addiction and eating disorder treatment?
- Do you have legal experts and court experience?
- Do you have special training in helping clients who are chemically dependent on prescription medication?
- Do you actually perform all of the services you offer or do you outsource many of them to other agencies?
- Are you court/probation approved?
- Do you have an alumni network? A weekly alumni meeting? Do you have mailed and e-mailed alumni newsletters? Frequent alumni events and reunions?